About Evolution Talent Attraction
Evolution is a leading provider of talent, serving the international Bioscience, BioPharma, Medical Device, and Information Technology based industries.
Our team of talent provision experts work globally, serving client organisations throughout the EMEA, BRIC and APAC territories.
- Evolution specialise in consistent delivery of talent, serving demanding global searches.
- Evolution have extensive experience & longevity in the Bioscience & associated industry sectors
- We have Global presence transferring our talent attraction success to worldwide Bioscience hubs & growth areas.
- Our team have previous senior commercial industry experience
- We provide Global talent to add value to your business via ‘live networks’
- Talent provision services are provided in bespoke formats for your business affordability
- Our regular clients include the Global Leaders of Bioscience worldwide
- Evolution are ‘award winning’ and accredited to the highest standards available
Thermo Fisher Scientific announced that it has completed its acquisition of Life Technologies Corporation for $76.13 ($76.1311786) in cash per fully diluted common share, or approximately $13.6 billion, plus the assumption of $1.5 billion in net debt. The completion of the transaction follows the receipt of all required regulatory approvals.
With the acquisition of Life Technologies, Thermo Fisher has established a new reporting segment, called Life Sciences Solutions.
Thermo Fisher Scientific reported its financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2013.
Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Highlights
• Grew full year adjusted earnings per share (EPS) by 10% to a record $5.42, and fourth quarter adjusted EPS by 5% to a record $1.43.
• Increased fourth quarter revenue by 6% to a record $3.47 billion.
• Expanded adjusted operating margin in the fourth quarter by 40 basis points to 20.0%.
• Generated free cash flow of $1.75 billion for the full year.
• Launched innovative new Thermo Scientific products during the year to strengthen leading mass spectrometry, chromatography, specialty diagnostics and biosciences offerings, highlighted by the breakthrough Orbitrap Fusion Tribrid and new triple-quad platforms.
• Achieved 20% growth in China for the year by leveraging investments to expand R&D, manufacturing and commercial capabilities, and delivered strong results in other high-growth markets, including Korea and Brazil.
• Returned more than $300 million of capital to shareholders through stock buybacks and dividends.
• Acquiring Life Technologies to add complementary genomics, next-generation sequencing and forensic science capabilities for customers in life sciences and applied markets, and to expand presence in APAC and emerging markets.
Sigma-Aldrich Reports Record Q4 2013 And Full-Year 2013 Results. Reports Q4 2013 Adjusted Diluted EPS Of $1.02 And Organic Sales Growth Of 6%. Reports Full-Year 2013 Adjusted Diluted EPS Of $4.12. Expects Full Year 2014 Adjusted Diluted EPS To Increase To A Range Of $4.30 To $4.40.
Q4 2013 Results (all percentage changes are against comparable periods in 2012)
• Reported sales increased 5% to $684 million, a record high for quarterly sales. Sales grew organically by 6% with changes in foreign currency exchange rates reducing sales by 1%.
• By business unit, organic sales grew 3% in Research, 6% in Applied and 10% in SAFC Commercial.
• Reported diluted EPS was $1.08 compared to $0.96 in Q4 2012, an increase of 13%. Adjusted diluted EPS (excluding certain tax benefits of $8 million in Q4 2013) was $1.02 compared to $0.96 in Q4 2012. Changes in foreign currency exchange rates versus the same period last year reduced adjusted EPS by $0.03.
Full-Year 2013 Results (all percentage changes are against full-year 2012 results)
• Reported sales grew 3% to $2.7 billion. Sales grew organically by 4% with changes in foreign currency exchange rates reducing sales by 1%.
• By business unit, organic sales grew 2% in Research, 5% in Applied and 6% in SAFC Commercial.
• Reported net income was $491 million, an increase of 7%. Free cash flow was a record-high of $541 million, an increase of 19%.
• Reported diluted EPS was $4.06 compared to $3.77 in 2012. Excluding restructuring and other charges and certain tax benefits in 2013, adjusted diluted EPS was $4.12 compared to $3.85 in 2012, an increase of 7%. Changes in foreign currency exchange rates from last year reduced 2013 adjusted diluted EPS by $0.05.
2014 Outlook (all percentage changes are against full-year 2013 results)
• Overall organic sales growth for the full year is expected to be in the low-to-mid single digits and a slight improvement over 2013.
• By business unit, organic sales growth is expected to be in the low-to-mid single digits for Research, mid-single digits for Applied and mid-to-high single digits for SAFC Commercial.
• Adjusted diluted EPS is expected to be within a range of $4.30 to $4.40. The full-year effective tax rate is expected to be approximately 27%.
• Net cash provided by operating activities and free cash flow are expected to exceed $600 million and $475 million, respectively.
• This guidance is based on current foreign currency exchange rates. At these rates the overall impact on EPS is not expected to be significant versus 2013.
Sigma-Aldrich® Corporation Appoints Darryl Goss President of SAFC® Hitech
Sigma-Aldrich® Corporation (NASDAQ: SIAL) today announced the appointment of Darryl Goss as President of SAFC® Hitech (www.sigmaaldrich.com/safchitech), its high-technology custom manufacturing services business unit. As a vertically integrated supplier of critical on-wafer materials to the microelectronics material space, the new appointment reinforces the Company's commitment to drive new products into industry applications.
"Darryl Goss has delivered on the SAFC commitment to bring customers the highest quality of products and services," said Gilles Cottier, Sigma-Aldrich Executive Vice President and President of SAFC Commercial. "Darryl is a proven leader who can help us capitalize on significant opportunities and strengthen our unique portfolio aimed at the microelectronics industry."
Goss will lead all aspects of SAFC Hitech's commercial efforts, including product development and growth in the Company's Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD), Metalorganic Chemical Vapour Deposition (MOVCD), Energy and Display and LED segments. He will also manage the Company's chemical R&D and manufacturing experts, who ensure that high-purity materials meet the quality and service standards demanded by the silicon semiconductor, LED and energy and display markets.
BioReliance Opens New U.S. Clearance Services Laboratories; Completes Global Facility Upgrade Plan
Sigma-Aldrich® Corporation’s BioReliance® (www.bioreliance.com), the biologics and early-development services business under SAFC (www.sigmaaldrich.com/safc), has opened a new Clearance Services facility in Rockville, MD.
This world-class facility, allows BioReliance to offer increased capacity and flexible scheduling while maintaining its core focus on providing industry-leading quality, expertise and value. The new U.S. facility more than doubles the amount of space available to clients to conduct their critical downstream bioprocessing studies.
Designed with input from clients and built to complement BioReliance’s global viral clearance services capabilities, the Rockville facility features four large clearance suites with modular layouts that allow for customized laboratory setups. All studies performed at the facility are completely secure and supported by dedicated scientists and state-of-the-art chromatography equipment, such as GE Healthcare’s ÄKTA® avant. Every project is fully compliant with applicable global guidelines and regulations, including those from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and European Medicines Agency. Completed studies receive a consolidated report that includes comprehensive titration and/or process data. BioReliance has already successfully conducted several client studies and quality audits in the new facility.
Merck Millipore Expands its EMPROVE® Raw Materials Portfolio to 400 Products
• Portfolio now includes 400 active pharmaceutical ingredients, excipients and biopharmaceutical materials
• Application-specific documentation streamlines pharmaceutical process and reduces qualification costs
• Increases patient safety by avoiding errors inherent in manual documentation
Merck Millipore announced the expansion of its EMPROVE® raw materials portfolio to 400 active pharmaceutical ingredients, excipients and biopharmaceutical materials. The products offer comprehensive application-specific documentation in addition to superior quality, allowing pharmaceutical manufacturers to reduce qualification costs and accelerate time-to-market processes.
The portfolio includes EMPROVE® api for active pharmaceutical ingredients, EMPROVE® exp for excipients and EMPROVE® bio for biopharmaceutical materials – all of which provide the documentation needed to improve transparency and more efficiently receive necessary approvals. The ready-to-use documentation, prepared in an internationally accepted format, prevents the errors that can result from gathering the information manually, minimizing risk to patients. The pre-compiled information also helps streamline the pharmaceutical process by saving both time and money.